Established in 1986, El Sol Travel has been providing official travel services to the military and government since 1995 when awarded government contract for the DTR 1 region which included the following major commands - MEPS Phoenix, AZ; USPFO - Phoenix National Guard; YPG-Yuma Proving Ground; Fort Irwin National Training Center; and the 63rd ARCOM Reserves.
In February, 2005 El Sol Travel was awarded under the E-Gov Act of 2002; eTS Travel Initiative the contract to service the Department of the Interior for the state of Alaska.
In January, 2008 El Sol Travel was awarded under eTS Travel Initiative the contract to service the Small Business Administration.
Sampling of El Sol Travel's Services:
- Official Travel Services for all modes of travel
- Staffed on-site travel offices and central reservation center
- 24/7 travel services - after hours
- Emergency service and short notice after hours staffing
- Use of latest technology, including but not limited to the Get-There self booking tool both for commercial and government usage.
- Trained and proficient on the Government's - DTS (Defense Travel System) self booking tool.
- Leisure travel as well as leisure travel in conjunction with TDY (LICWO)
- CBA Reconciliation experience.
- Management Information Reports as required.
- Provision of STP (Satellite Ticket Printers), GDS Terminals by Sabre, Telecommunications Infrastructure and Travel Related Software.
Chuck MacGillivray, President/Owner, is a graduate of St. Joseph's University, served in the Air Force as a Fighter Pilot and later as a member of the D.C.A National Guard. He founded El Sol Travel in Phoenix, AZ after a twenty year career with Motorola Inc.
Leslie Bramlett, Vice President, Government & Leisure Division has personal responsibility for our Government and Leisure divisions. Leslie's sixteen years in the travel business and associated corporate experience has led to her management of six offices, four government on-sites and two retail leisure centers.
El Sol Travel presently services the DoD and GSA in Arizona, California, Alaska, Colorado, Utah & Nevada. Our Government travel offices currently book travel for USPFO - Phoenix National Guard; Yuma Proving Ground; Ft. Irwin NTC and Department of the Interior located in Anchorage, AK. We pride ourselves with highly skilled and experienced government travel counselors.
For further information on:
Government Travel Services
Leslie Bramlett, V.P. Government & Leisure Operations
480 - 693 – 0213